Saturday, November 15, 2008

LOVE

I used to have a phobia of flying. I remember how my mind was filled with scenes of crashing planes when I first boarded a plane to Rockhampton, Australia for a military exercise. As the plane passed through clouds and shook, I would get so terrified and break into a cold sweat. To ease my unstable mind, I tuned to Hillsongs on my IPOD to distract me from my silly paranoia.

Now, the fear has left me. In fact, I've grown to enjoy the turbulence. Whoooosh! It's funny how this could happen upon discovering how short life is. My life, like everyone else, is a pitiful fraction of time.

Maybe that's why it's ironically precious.



As the plane glides in mid-air, I would gaze out of the window and watch the skies and terrains that God created. It also reminds me of how small Singapore is. And how we can sometimes be so arrogant to think that we're better than the rest just because we're doing better than our neighboring countries. By extension, it also makes me realise how insignificant I am to this world. If anything, I'm a vapor in the air - here today and gone tomorrow. If someone could love and value us so much, it must be a miracle.

In fact, it couldn't be anything humane; it could only be God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home